We are grateful to work with various agencies to provide resources to our clients, including social programs, employment information, health-related resources, and event announcements.

Social and Employment Services


Health-Related Services


Legal Services


Community Health Centres (CHCs) near GCFS

These are three community health centres that are within reasonable distance from 201 Tempo Avenue. They are the first three results of the following search:

The information about these centres was organized into the following categories: site location/phone number, distance (from 201 Tempo Avenue), catchment area (i.e. clients must live within this region to be able to register for the services of this site), services provided, and additional information.

Please note CHCs do not cover visitors to Canada, visa students or visa workers.

For all of these centres, clients must book an appointment to register as a client before using these services. None of the below are walk-in clinics.

Name Location/Phone umber Distance Catchment Area Services Additional Information
Hong Fook Connecting Health Nurse Practitioner 3280 Midland Ave.


5 km None (so clients living in any area will be accepted) • Nurse Practitioners

• Registered Nurses

• Registered Dietitian

• Registered Social Worker

• Health Promoter

• Collaborating Physicians, including General Practitioners, Psychiatrists and Pediatrician

• Administrative Assistants and Support Staff

Languages: English, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin, Taiwanese), Tamil.

For first appointment, please bring: Medications/supplements, valid OHIP card or Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) certificate, past medical records, and immunization records.

Flemingdon Health Centre 10 Gateway Boulevard

(416) 429-4991

14 km South of Lawrence, East of Laird/Leslie, West of Victoria Park, North of O’Connor.

Area in red shown by


· nursing and physician care

· counselling

· chiropody (foot care)

· nutrition counselling

· cancer resource centre

· community programs

· diabetes prevention and management programs


Patients with OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance) Card NO LONGER ACCEPTED

Interim Federal Health Program Document (IFH) for refugee claimants.

Proof of address – any document that states your name and address (e.g. driver license, lease agreement, utility bill, etc.)

Fairview Community Health 5 Fairview Mall Dr, Suite 359

(416) 640-5298

4 km Residents living from Lawrence to Steeles Avenues, and Victoria Park to Bayview Avenues. Area in orange shown by


· family medicine

· dental care

· social work services

· chiropody (foot care)

· dietitian

· diabetes education programs and services

· community health programs

Patients with OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance) Card NO LONGER ACCEPTED

Interim Federal Health Program Document (IFH) for refugee claimants.

Proof of address – any document that states your name and address (e.g. driver license, lease agreement, utility bill, etc.)

Scarborough Centre for Healthy Communities • 629 Markham Rd, Unit 2 (416-847-4101)

• 401-4002 Sheppard Ave East (416-297-7490)

• 2660 Eglinton Ave East (416- 640-7391)

16 km



10 km



16 km

Residents living anywhere in Scarborough staffed by doctors, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers, dietitians, chiropodists (foot care specialists) and medical secretaries. Together, they provide medical care and health-related services such as check-ups, immunizations, diabetic foot care, nutrition counselling, social support services, and harm reduction (free condom program, needle exchange, point of care HIV testing). The team sees clients who experience a one-time episode of illness or injury (ex: having a sore throat, spraining an ankle), as well as clients who require ongoing care such as treatment for chronic health conditions (ex: diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure). Need to bring proof of residence. Health card not required. For refugees, bring Interim Federal Health Program Document (IFH) for refugee claimants.

Child Care & Before-After School Program Locations

Housing Resources

Co-op Housing waiting list: –

How can I apply for subsidized housing?

To apply for subsidized housing, you need to contact a coordinated access centre in your area.  Link is

Find your local coordinated access centre

In communities across Ontario, local coordinated access groups have been set up to provide tenants with easy access to social housing. Contacting these groups is the easiest way to find out about social housing in each community.

These coordinated access groups provide information on all the social housing available in their community. They also provide a single application form that will be used by all housing groups.


Access to Housing (Housing Connections)
Housing Connections is responsible for maintaining the centralized waiting list for rent-geared-to-income housing in Toronto.

Phone: (416) 338-8888
Fax: (416) 397-7401
Website(s): or

176 Elm Street
Toronto, ON M5T 3M4

The Access Point  The Access Point manages waiting lists for supportive housing and other support services in Toronto.
Phone: (416) 640‐1934
Fax: (416) 499-9716

661 Yonge Street 4th Floor
Toronto, ON M4Y-1Z5

These centres give information on the non-profit, co-op and public housing opportunities in your area.  There are waiting lists for subsidized housing in most areas so you will probably have to join a waiting list first. Read How long do I have to wait for subsidized housing? for more information.

Although each area has its own policies, some rules are the same across Ontario:

    • You will be asked to fill out an application form. Everyone in your household 16 and over must sign the form.
    • There are waiting lists for subsidized housing across Ontario. In some areas, the waiting list is more than 10 years. In other places the wait is shorter.
    • People who have been on the waiting list longer will be offered housing first. This is called first come, first served. However, if you are a victim of any kind of family abuse (wife abuse, elder abuse, child abuse) you will be given priority. In some areas, other groups are given priority. Ask a staff person at your coordinated access centre for details.
    • You can choose to apply for one building or many. The more buildings you apply for, the sooner you will be offered an apartment.

Be sure that the buildings you choose are ones where you really want to live. If you are offered one of your choices but decide you don’t want it, you can refuse it. But if you refuse three times, you will be taken off all the waiting lists, and you will not be offered another apartment.

If you move, make sure to tell the coordinated access centre so that they can send you information and offers.

You can contact a community agency or housing help centre for more information about subsidized housing. To find help in your area, go to Services Near Me.

For More Information

    • Co-op Housing: An Affordable Alternative – This fact sheet has information about co-op housing. It focuses on Toronto, but a lot of the information applies to co-op housing all over Ontario. Available in many languages.
    • Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association (ONPHA) – An association of private and municipal non-profit housing providers in Ontario. The ONPHA website explains what non-profit housing is, describes ONPHA services and has links to related organizations.

EQ Parenting Free Resources:

  • EQ 101 for Parents
  • Daniel Siegel, Mindful Parenting Demonstration – Dr. Daniel Siegel, author of “Mindsight” and “Parenting from the Inside Out,” makes it easy to understand the connection between emotional states and brain functions, and offers simple techniques for parents to help their children (and themselves) become more emotionally resilient. For free mindful parenting support, as well as private coaching …